Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The blue flame

It was very early Sunday, October 12, 2008, around 4:00-7:00 AM. I was sleeping in bed. It was a cool night. I had a cover pulled over me, and was laying on my side facing out into the room. I opened my eyes and saw in front of me a long, large, blue transparent flame, like a gas flame, going horizontally across the room, a couple of feet from the bed and maybe four feet or so above the floor. It went just across above things that were stored by the bed, and apparently coming from the hallway, though I just saw what was in front of me as I looked out toward the room. In the last few feet the flames expanded upward at a small slant and then turned into actual flames licking upward, still bluish and transparent. The whole thing was very thin, almost two dimensional, getting slightly thicker at the edges and where the flames were. It was like it was being shot in there from the doorway, from a small source somewhere out in the hall area.

I closed my eyes briefly a few times, thinking it might possibly be a dream or the after effects of one and that maybe I was not fully awake. Looking out again when I opened them, though, the flames were still in front of me. Each time I opened them, the flames were still there.

I worried about the house catching fire, and wondered if it already had. Nothing in the bedroom itself seemed to be burning yet. I thought I was going to have to get up and check the rest of the house. I was very tired, but it looked like it would have to be done. I wondered if the end of the hall was already in flames, picturing it that way in my mind.

I looked out at the hall, at the narrow section of wall that enclosed the furnace, and saw a curved band of energy on the wall there, coming from the hallway direction at the top and going sharply downward, looking like a strange rainbow. The bands were dark blue and dark red, dark smoky colors, fuzzy and ragged and transparent, like curved bands of graphed noise. The flames themselves were gone now, there was just the rainbow. I felt like I was already awake and kept taking my head away from the sight and shaking it and looking again, over and over, and finally the sight was gone and I felt more awake.

I considered whether to get up and check the hallway and the rooms at the front of the house, but realized that it couldn't be a gas fire caused by the furnace. The furnace was off and the gas to it was shut off. I thought that it might have been some kind of weird energy I was seeing instead of a fire, particularly in the hallway. The part in the bedroom could have been energy also, sent out in a beam, and just misinterpreted by my mind. I wondered if I had been visited by some strange presence or energy form. Nothing more seemed to happening now, though, and things seemed to have settled back to normal, so I went back to sleep.

A few days later, looking at that area of the hallway more closely, I saw that a door for some shelves was left open there, covering that area of the wall. It might have been open on the night I saw the dark smoky rainbow, but there was no way to tell now. The wall was a pale yellow, though, much lighter than the brown of the door, and seemed to more closely match my memory of that night. In the end, I'm not sure what difference it would have made. Whether on the wall or the inside surface of a door, the rainbow had been there for a while that night and had then gone, so nothing on the door or wall could have caused its appearance.

Another, possibly related, thing was that I had just watched "The Five People You Meet in Heaven" on TV the evening before the blue flame appeared, and it had a scene with a flamethrower. However, the long triangular beam of blue flame that I saw was very stable and calm and did not resemble something sent out from a flamethrower.

So, what actually did happen? Was it real? Sometimes people who have or have had a close encounter UFO experience have also reported blue beams of light in the house. I had no memory of such encounters, except in dreams, but it's possible something related might have occurred that night. Another interesting match is that sometimes people have awakened to find bizarre and even terrifying things going on, even strange entities in their rooms or outside their windows, and then just gone back to sleep, the way I did. These matches with other people's experiences might be some indication that something was really happening that night, but I'll probably never know.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts . . . . Older Posts