Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Dream - Releasing Jesus from the cross

A little over a year ago I had an interesting dream, in which I released Jesus from the cross. This dream probably occurred on Saturday, March 22, 2008, the day after Good Friday.

In the dream, at some point, I came into a room where I saw Jesus, still on the cross. The wood was very thick, around 6 by 8 inches. The cross was not much taller than Him, and His feet were near or on the floor. His arms were straight out along the crosspiece, and were tied to it with lots of turns of rope around His upper arms.

As I came in, the cross was to the left side of me and facing away from the door, and Jesus turned His head to look at me. He seemed in fairly good shape and did not visibly appear to be suffering very much. I sensed some weariness, though, at being left on the cross for so long, and that He was a little anxious to be taken down from it.

He was not as commonly pictured, being perhaps around 5 feet 9 inches tall and slightly heavier than medium, and gave the impression of strong muscles under a slight layer of fat. His face was not long and thin, but more short. He had a very heavy beard a few inches long. His hair went forward and to the sides in slight clumps and on the top was slightly longer than His beard, but was shorter toward the sides and front, and did not fall much on His face or forehead. His hair and beard were very dark and almost frizzy, and a little dusty looking.

I went to Him and told Him that He didn't have to do this any more, and started to take Him down from the cross. The crosspiece came apart in large sections, and I took two large blocks of it off the ends. He seemed able to get His arms loose Himself after that. I concentrated then on His feet.

I couldn't find any nails sticking out of His feet, but I saw two small holes in one foot where the nails had apparently sunk below the level of his skin. His feet and ankles were a very dark red, almost black, from blood and dirt, and the skin of His foot looked stiff and shiny and loose fitting, almost mummified.

I backed away from the feet a bit, getting a more general view of Him. I noticed that His hands had seemed to heal themselves after being no longer attached to the cross, as there no longer seemed to be any trace of injury, or even any blood stains.

I concentrated again on the feet. I couldn't reach the top of the nails that went through them, and I thought that I would have to get behind them and pry the wood off and somehow then push the nails out from behind. By this time He was no longer attached to the cross at all, except for a small section that had separated itself from the rest of it. This small section, broken slabs perhaps a couple of inches thick and 6 to 8 inches wide and high, was attached to His feet. He had just that piece of wood left to be removed.

I looked at Him standing there, expectantly waiting for me to proceed....

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Raven said...

What a fascinating dream. One of those ones that clearly has a message for you and will stay with you for your whole life.

From my own personal perspective on how religion deals with poor Jesus, I think we do try to keep him tied to the cross and refuse to let him down so he can walk among us.

Fascinating. I love a good dream.

9:33 AM, May 03, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts . . . . Older Posts