Monday, June 30, 2008

The Idea of a Circle

Long, long ago, back in grade school, the teacher wanted each of us to come up with an idea and to make something, in a box, that represented that idea.

I thought for a long time about what idea I should use, and finally decided on the idea of a circle. I used an old cigar box for the box, and put lots of circles in it, with some of them being partial circles coming from the inner sides of the box. Some of the circles or partial circles were painted and some were cut out of colored paper. At least once I made a circle out of white glue and then sprinkled sand on it, and then painted it after it dried. I also made a big arc of colored paper coming out of one of the inner sides, a little distance from the bottom, supported on tiny pillars of rolled paper. It was on this arc of colored paper that I wrote, "THE IDEA OF A CIRCLE".

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts . . . . Older Posts