Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Dream - The inflatable boat

Around the end of April or beginning of May, 2008, I had a dream where I was in my bedroom, talking to someone, and I opened a package that I guess had been left there. It was perhaps fifteen or eighteen inches on a side and maybe a couple of inches thick. I was discussing with the other person about what to do with it.

With the wrapper off, it was densely folded heavy plastic. I started unfolding it and pulled some device on the side, activating it. I think it was a spur of the moment thing and I was a little surprised that I did it. The other person was more surprised than I was.

It turned out to be a narrow rubber raft or boat, that was now inflating. I took it out of the bedroom and down the hallway. It was already long enough that it was bumping and bending on things as I took it through the doorway and down the hallway.

In the living room it fully inflated. It was very long but not very wide, and the sides were very small and not very high. I looked at it in amazement. I thought it was a stupid design and would be difficult or impossible to ride in without the part where the person sat getting water in it.

There was more to the dream earlier, but I can't remember it now.


Early in May, no more than a few days after the dream, an issue of Discover magazine came that had a picture of a similar appearing boat, though the appearance of being extremely shallow was an illusion caused by it being very low in the water. It was an interesting coincidence. Perhaps I had a precognition of it in the dream. It was not the only time something like that had happened.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts . . . . Older Posts