Friday, July 10, 2009

The Great Imagination Award

On Monday, July 6, 2009, I was given the Great Imagination Award by Akelamalu on her blog Everything And Nothing.



She had written a short story for a Wordzzle, and wanted readers to leave comments supplying the ending. She then had people vote, in another post, by leaving comments saying which one they liked the best. The ending I wrote received the most votes.

The post below is the one in which the winner was revealed and the award handed out:

Everything And Nothing: And the winner is.......

I made a comment there thanking everyone, which I'll repeat here:

Thanks everybody for the nice comments, and thank you everyone who voted for me.

And thank you, Akelamalu, for running the contest and for the beautiful award. I am very happy to accept it, and very happy to display it on my blog.


This is my winning entry:

This is my version of the ending: She faked her death. The body looked only slightly like her, but after laying in the sun for a few days it didn't really matter. The passport left with the body was all that was used for identification. She was now diguised as an Iranian, working with the dark skinned man and others to try to find out where the votes of the presidential election were kept and then take digital pictures of all of them and transmit copies to other countries so a recount could be done outside Iran. If the recount showed that the other person actually won, this would turn world opinion more strongly against Iran's leaders and give the protesters in Iran a stronger reason to fight.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Akelamalu said...

You so deserved this award Stephen and I hope you enjoyed participating. I will do something similar again soon, please feel free to enter again if you like. :)

3:11 AM, July 12, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts . . . . Older Posts