Friday, August 21, 2009

200th post

This is the 200th post on this blog. It came a lot faster than the 100th post.

Coincidentally, the four year anniversary of this blog falls on August 22, 2009. I managed to get 200 posts in time for it, but that wasn't a goal, they just happened to come together. For several months I've been posting a lot more than usual, at several times the previous rate in fact. A couple of months ago, it looked like I might hit 200 posts before the end of the year, but as I neared August it became apparent that it was going to be sometime in August. I thought that I had started the blog around that month, but I had to check to see what date it was. It looked for a while like the 200th post might come significantly earlier than August 22nd, but I had to devote more time to other things the last couple of weeks or so, and the number of blog posts dropped a bit. Originally I hadn't planned to mention the anniversary, then began to think I might make a post about it. They were now so close together, though, that I decided to put them both in the same post.

Besides the increased number of posts per month during this hundred posts, the addition of the Wordzzle posts is probably the biggest change. The other posts are generally of the type I've had on before, though dreams may be a slightly bigger proportion of them than previously.

I also started getting my first blog awards. So far, they are just in the posts where I mentioned them, but I'll have to get around to modifying the template, something I rarely do, and put them in along the side.

Another change is the addition of a Table of Contents for Stephen's Thoughts, in another blog linked to from this one. Though I suspect it's rarely used, I wanted to show what was available, and make it easy to get to any particular post. It's probably good that I did it, since the link at the bottom of the blog to older posts has recently disappeared. I've noticed that it's not on some other blogs either. Perhaps they still use the older format template, as I do, and for some reason some features are being dropped.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts . . . . Older Posts